We are looking for a PR professional with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in tech PR to join our Lightwater based agency as an Account Manager.
As the PR Account Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day activity on your accounts, who are focused in the area of cyber security. You will be a capable and confident individual, possess strong client handling abilities, with a thorough understanding of the communications skills and techniques required as part of this job role. This is a key position as it will include ensuring that the agency delivers against its client objectives as well as building a strong working relationship with clients, the media and other agency team members. You will be responsible for managing the account team and will report into and work alongside the Account Director.
This would be ideal for someone who is fed up with commuting to London but is serious about a career in PR and wants a better life/work balance.
Our employees are core to our success and we aim to give our staff opportunities for career progression, offering ongoing staff training and development programmes. The successful candidate will, be personable, organised, and confident in managing both their client and team’s needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Developing and executing PR plans and strategies for clients
· Acting as day-to-day liaison point for clients
· Ensuring the account team is well managed and meeting client targets
· Developing the skills of the Account Executives
· Building strong relationships with key journalists, influencers and analysts
· Developing creative PR campaign ideas
· Drafting compelling written collateral
· Pro-active pitching to trade, national and broadcast media
· Participating in new business pitches
· Develop positive relationships with the overall team
Person specification- Knowledge / Experience / Skills / Qualities
· 2-3 years’ experience in B2B Tech PR
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to develop strong relationships with both client contacts and the media – at trade, national and broadcast level
· Experience in securing results across nationals, business, trade and vertical media
· Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to multi-task and work to targets
· Professional and positive approach
· Attention to detail
· Ability to cope under pressure
· Team player, and able to work on own initiative
· Personable, articulate and creative with a can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
· Experience with social media and ability to incorporate into PR plans and activities
· Good academic background
· An interest in the cyber security industry
· Experience in HD video production
· Due to location of office, own mode of transport is essential
· Option to join corporate gym membership at local gym
Remuneration: From £30k p.a.
Responsible to: Account Director